Monday, June 7, 2010

keeping on

Getting to be time for bed, but took a large nap earlier, so I'll justify it that way.

Sleeping has started to happen whenever, there is no bed time anymore. When I'm tired, I sleep if I can, and that seems to help the most. My body is asking for rest and I need to do it to keep up.

I'm also getting the groove of how all of this is working out. Treatment, followed by a good week of bone aches, major stomach issues, fatigue, memory issues along with concentration, sometimes cannot find the most common word, its frustrating. Another infection from my blood counts being so low, but I got the antibiotic again, and will have to from here on out every treatment. As long as I can control the pain, its better.

Not to complain so much, its just getting a bit tougher. But, it could be a lot worse, so i feel bad griping.

Looking forward to my appt with Dr. Vaidya this week. Wondering if they'll do a halfway scan to see if the chemo is working. I'm a little concerned with the 2nd tumor, I feel as if its attached itself to my chest wall and that scares the crap outta me. I read too much.

i have started to receive bills and EOB now. Really, I had no idea, each chemo is $19,000. Are you kidding me? And I get a Neulasta shot each Saturday after treatment to boost my white blood counts. The shot, one shot, that takes less than 5 minutes at a nurse's station at the hospital, costs $13,540. I about fell over when i saw that. Yikes.

My sister has knitted a bunch of super cute hats for me, but with the warmer weather, it gets a bit too warm, so i've been wearing bandanas. Very lightweight, but haven't ventured out to wear them at work yet, still wearing wigs to work, which is very very hot.

I can't wait to be done with this chapter. I'm tired and want to have fun again. I try to as much as I can with my friends, but its not the same when you don't feel well. Come on, lets get this over with, I've got things to do. Places to go and people to see.

On a last note, why on earth are they calling the BP disaster a "spill"? I don't think its a spill at all. Oops, I spilled my milk, lets see. Lets call it a gusher, or geyser, or who knows. Anyway, a spill sounds ridiculous. A spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment