Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chemo #2 is behind me

My step-dad Ben came to Cleveland over the weekend and came with me to chemo. It was nice to spend time with him. We visited Jay, Katina and Henry. Henry was funny, laughing at my head. He said, "you're a boy now!". Ah, three year olds. :)

Had my blood work on Thursday and they left the needle and catheter and tubing in for treatment the next day. It was so uncomfortable and I couldn't wear my seat belt. Sleeping was another issue, but I got used to it. They removed it after chemo on Friday, and its better than getting stuck again, cause that part sucks.

My boss and the people I work with are so great. They helped me get my work home and I was able to get some work done during chemo on Friday and over the weekend, and I promised I'd make some cookies and bring them in, so I made snickerdoodles tonight. They turned out pretty good! Hopefully they'll be a hit.

Good news from my surgeon today, the one tumor is shrinking from the chemo, it is now 6cm x 5cm. The plan goes ahead as is. She was really pleased with the progress, as am I. My 3rd round is scheduled for the 28th of May. That is #3 of 6, so almost the halfway point, then surgery 4 weeks after chemo is done and then, I'll look back on 2010 and wonder, did I really have cancer? They know exactly what they're doing. Its the best scenario I could ask for.

I think I'm still high from the steroids a bit. Too late for me to be up, but am not tired yet. But, I better try and get some sleep.

Busy week at work, and I love that!!

Hope this note finds everyone happy and well! xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment