Monday, May 3, 2010

Terri, meet Uncle Fester

Well, I wasn't even sure they really gave me chemo, because I was feeling so great. Well, they really did. I'm very fatigued, sleeping so much and no energy reserves at all. And, the little bit of hair I did have is quickly disappearing (all over the place - in my eyes, inhaled up my nose, in my mouth, in my food, all over my hands - I really didn't anticipate it happening this way, but how else could it, right?) I wish there were an easier and less messy way to lose it. I guess its the in-between stage now, I can't wait until it is all gone, its so itchy and uncomfortable.

My PETscan showed only the cancer we were already aware of, no spread outside the breast or lymph nodes. That is great news! I got the MRI-guided biopsy results today, its the same cancer, in the same breast - different quadrant, she called it multi-centric. This will not change my chemotherapy treatment, but will eliminate any chance of a lumpectomy, which I was betting on a mastectomy anyway. So that's where that is.

Ben, my step-dad is coming to Cleveland to accompany me to Chemo #2. At least I'm getting extra visitors out of this experience! I'm looking forward to spending some time with him. I wonder if my nephew Henry will be freaked out by my bald head when I see him this weekend, I hope I don't scare him!

Spring is definitely here, so pretty outside and getting warmer. I wish the dandelions would leave my flower bed alone.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the nice weather. I'm sorry if I don't answer your messages immediately, I'm going to try and get caught up on that this week.

Sending warm smiles your way ~ Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment