Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update - Aug. 11, 2010

I have to start by thanking my WONDERFUL friends and family. My friends got together and created a website to help raise funds because I was denied short-term disability, as my cancer is considered a pre-existing condition. I was surprised and delighted. It is so thoughtful and appreciated. My friends and family have been posting the website on their profiles, and the support is truly overwhelming.

Meredith, Stephanie, Petros, Kathleen, Tricia, Salvatore, Catherine, Anthony, Michelle, Kenneth, Kathleen, Robert, Kelly, Jennifer, Sheila, Ruth and Gina ~ my goodness, all I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!

I’m starting to feel a little better. Will almost be back to normal in a week or less I hope. First appt with plastic surgeon this Friday. Very confused on the whole reconstruction phase, but will have a lot of answers after that appt.

Surgery on September 14, my Dad and Ronda are coming to stay with me. It doesn’t seem real, it doesn’t even seem like all of this has happened, but I’m sure the reality will set in soon enough. That date will be here in no time.

I’m hoping to have a couple good weeks, then the surgery, and then radiation after I heal from the surgery. Its not a short process, I figure I’m almost 1/3 of the way there. They are not removing the port until the pathology from surgery is completed. My surgeon said if there is one living cancer cell, I’ll have to have chemo again. I did not like hearing that, but I think everything will be just fine.

That’s all that’s going on around here, cancer, cancer, cancer. Blahg! I’m sick of this subject!

Anyway, hope this note finds everyone happy and healthy and having a fun summer!!!! ~ Terri

1 comment:

  1. Terri - Don't know if you remember me. I worked at Advanstar for a time, and I'm a friend of Steph's. I was so sorry to hear about this, but you're outlook is inspiring and beautiful! You are so strong, and you will get through this and somehow be better for it all. I've been following this blog, and will continue to root for you!

    ReplyDelete