Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy to have this in my past

Wow, I'm really surprised how 'fast' the 3 1/2 months of chemo went. But, this one is by far the hardest. Everything tastes sweet, even water, yuk. Sleeping a lot, watching bad tv, but its over with, just gotta get through the last side effects, I'll be so happy in about 2 weeks or so!!

My Dad is coming for a visit this week, staying with my brother, they're going to the Bridgestone Golf Tournament, I think that's what its called. I'm sure they'll both enjoy that a lot! I'll try and get down to meet them for dinner after work, hoping to feel up to it.

I can't believe how much I've slept, even with the steroids. Those awful pills are now history!

Surgery is scheduled for September 14. Next phase of this journey. As it gets closer, the reality sets in a bit more. My Dad and Ronda are coming out and will be helping me with everything right after. I think it would be really tough to do on my own, so I'm sooo very happy they're coming out. Plus, just to spend time with them. And Jay and Katina are loaning me a recliner to use during my recovery, that will be really nice and helpful.

I feel so blessed to have such a great family and the wonderful support of my friends. It would be much harder to go through this without all the kind words, thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much! I hope you and yours are happy and healthy.
oxoxox
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment