Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1st chemo - so far, so good.

Chemo last Friday was uneventful. I had the Neulasta shot on Saturday, which caught up to me yesterday/last night, but all in all it was just like a bout of the flu (x 10!), but I felt good again this morning. I'm guessing fatigue will set in the next couple of days, so I'm getting lots of rest and trying to eat right and get lots of fluids.

I'm so happy that I have so many wonderful people around me. My visit with my Dad over the weekend was just wonderful, and I'm glad he was able to see that his little girl is going to be just fine getting through the treatments. That was really important to me, to make sure he knows that I'm ok. With so many things going on in life with everyone everyday, its wonderful to know that I am loved. And I have so much love to share as well.

I'll have a MRI guided biopsy on Tuesday April 27th, and then a Pet Scan after that. On my next chemo treatment on May 7, I'll also have the genetic testing done. It will be a relief to get most of the tests out of the way in order to just concentrate on the treatments.

On a completely separate note, I'm going to see Craig Ferguson on Sunday night at Playhouse Square. I'm soooooo excited, he's the funniest, funniest, funniest, I cannot wait!!

Thanks everyone, one day at a time. Gotta get some rest, I have some ass-kicking to do. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment