Thursday, April 8, 2010

My stupid effing... cancer cont'd (2)

I woke up this morning forgetting that I went to my good friends Meredith and Scott's house last night. Scott has his own salon, and he cut and bleached my hair. It is really blonde and short, a bit strange for me to see, but is only temporary, 21-28 days. I like it! I have to remember to wear eye makeup and earrings, so I don't look like a boy! This is part of the fun part.

Part of the not fun part. Everything I was told regarding my treatment on Tuesday, was incorrect. I will have surgery to place the port, rescheduled to Thursday April 15, and I will have a more toxic chemo using three meds called TAC ((taxotere, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide). Treatments for 6 months, 3 weeks apart, followed by surgery.
Ok, bring it. I'm so happy my Dad will be with me for my first treatment, April 16.

My Dad called last night and he bowled a 300 (perfect) game! Its his 10th sanctioned, he's awesome! Not bad for a 67 year old!

I'm looking forward to seeing some friends on Friday night. I'm going to whoop it up a little bit, and then get serious and kick this cancer's ass! Polka Happy Hour at Happy Dog and then the Magpies are playing at Brother's... ANGEL!! :)

I do want to say how blessed I feel by my family and friends. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and positive energy.

Love and Peace,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment