Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My stupid effing... cancer, cont'd

I scheduled Bailey’s summer cut, a bit early this year, but I’m getting my new do tomorrow, so she’ll get hers on Saturday. (So my Dad can see his “grand-cat’s” haircut!) I’m going short and blonde, it should be fun! I’m hoping to donate my hair to locks of love, it needs to be 10” in length, and I’m guessing it will be accepted as my hair is the longest its been in years.

The MRI results from Friday: large node positive for cancer. The chemo treatment has changed slightly, for the better. I will not have a port placed, I’ll have 4 treatments of TC (docetaxel + cyclophosphamide.). There is a lot of information available, I find reading very helpful. After chemotherapy, I’ll have a mastectomy and axilla dissection. I’m guessing that will not be very comfortable, but, will take it if it saves my life.

Another positive note, I was recently newly employed! I lost my job in October 2009, (along with a lot of other people!) and I started my new job on March 16, 2010. The company itself is very unique and the people are absolutely unbelievable. After starting a brand new job, and then eight days into it, you tell your boss you’ve just been diagnosed with cancer, there’s a lot of unsure, unsettling feelings, along with guilt and gratefulness and graciousness, its all very concentrated and you don’t know how to feel, and how to react or behave. To my and my family’s amazement (along with my dear friends), my new company has assured me that they will be with me through my treatment and surgery. I want 60 Minutes to do a story on them, how in these tough economic times, a small company has truly made me part of their family by helping me to get well, as I am still gainfully employed. I really cannot express my gratitude to all the wonderful people I work with, who only started working with me less than a month ago. Jeff Lachina and Lachina Publishing, thanks really doesn’t say enough.

I’ve been reading a lot, and there’s a lot of waiting too. But, I feel comfortable where I am, and its going to test me, and people in my life too, so I need everyone to only harbor positive thoughts. That’s the ticket, I hear. I’ll take one, thanks!

Sending love and rainbows (pooped by cartoons).
Sorry, remember the humor!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment